Bar Review Monitoring and Social Media: A How To
You know that managing a bar is competitive. We don’t have to tell you that. You’re not the only bar in town, so your challenge (after management, purchasing, payroll, etc…) is getting people in the door. People are constantly looking for the best place where they can hang out and enjoy a drink or two while chatting with friends or new people. The business can be lucrative, but not without business savvy and hard work. In order to stand out and ensure that your bar is always filled to the brim with customers, effective strategies have to be put in place.
The world has become reliant on the internet. It has become the first stop for people who want to get information about a business. Everyone hops on either Yelp, TripAdvisor, or their favorite local blog to figure out where they should spend their hard earned money. There’s no doubt about this, especially in the bar industry, your potential customers will turn to the web to read reviews that have been posted by former clients before even considering coming to your bar.
If you have good reviews on the internet then chances are high that more clients will go to your bar hence increased profits. Harvard has even said that “a one-star increase in Yelp rating leads to a 5% to 9% increase in revenue”. On the other hand, if there are bad comments then the opposite will happen. The business will go down and it will even be hard to retain customers. Fortunately, there is a way that you can monitor your bar reputation and control the online conversation about your bar.
How To Use Social Media & Review Monitoring for your Bar
Lets’ start with Reputation Monitoring. This can be a daunting task for a bar. After all, you’ve got a bar to run, underage kids trying to sneak in, and bartenders calling out. Suddenly, you’re bartending and your best friend is now at the door checking ID’s. Suddenly you don’t have time to check yelp and respond to that negative review you got while you were filling in for your bartender. We totally understand where you’re at.
You’ve checked out online services, but they cost a fortune…and when you tried Google alerts, they brought back results that had nothing to do with your bar.
This is where Socialdraft Real Time Monitoring Alerts Come In.
We effectively monitor popular sites that have a strong influence on the industry. These include not just your review sites like Yelp,
Google...errr Zagat, and TripAdvisor, but any web property that mentions your bar online. Think local blogs, newspapers, and even social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Our system allows you to easily share positive reviews to your social media pages (after all, good mentions are not only free press…they are trustworthy press). It also allows you to click over to the website where your bar was mentioned so that you can take action and mitigate the situation. Best part is you can do this from your smart phone or tablet, or when you get home and enjoy a well deserved libation as you quietly wind down from the night.
Socialdraft’s review monitoring platform was made specifically to get accurate information about local reviews. It was created after closely working with professionals ranging from managers, marketers to business owners. Their input has significantly contributed to the creation of the tool. It meets the demands of the bar industry. Our system crawls the web not just for the name of your bar, but also the location; so that your results are accurate…not a waste of time.
You will be in a position to get news about everything that clients are commenting about your bar in real time. If anything is posted about your company you will receive the information. Our alerts are top notch and effective. All major websites and other platforms such as news outlets and blogs are closely monitored.
Social Media Management for Bars
Now you’re wondering why we are recommending that you use social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram…well…we know you
dislike hate Yelp. How nice would it be if there was a place where you could reach your customers, chat with them, and get away from all that user generated review mumbo jumbo?
That’s Social Media.
Facebook reviews tend to be significantly more positive than those left on regular review sites.
Twitter is a great place to advertise events, connect with suppliers (imagine if say you were running an event with Coors and they retweet your event – huge right?), and connect with your clients.
Instagram is probably the best of these networks. Since it’s a photography (and video) site, people don’t go there to rant and rave and be mean. They go there to brag about what an awesome time they had at your bar…and to take pictures of those gorgeous cocktails your bartender (or mixologist) makes.
How Can I Use Socialdraft to Manage My Bar’s Social Media?
1. Schedule Your Social Media posts: You can use Socialdraft to schedule posts to Facebook and Twitter. This is a great thing to do say on a Monday afternoon when it’s not too busy at the bar. Sit down for say 15 minutes and schedule 1-2 weeks worth of content.
2. Save Time By Duplicating posts: Say you run happy hour every Monday night. You can create a post one time, and duplicate it and schedule it so you repeat it on Mondays. This is a time saver if you ever needed one.
3. Create “Projects”: With projects, you can group Social Media accounts into one. So for example, say you own 2 bars and want to share the same content to both, you can group them into a project and create the post once. Or maybe you want to share the same content to Facebook AND Twitter for the same bar (or for multiple bars). Simply create a project for them and post away.
4. Engage: Head to the feed, and engage your community without having to log onto 3-4 different websites.
5. Identify: Our SmartID feature tells you who your most important community members are so that you can engage them and make them into brand advocates.
6. Find Local Clients: Check out our amazing Instagram search. It will help you identify people in your area, who you can interact with in order to make them into customers.
7. Get Inspired: Check out photo feed to get ideas on fun and engaging Social Media posts…We know you get hit with a little writer’s block from time to time.
Check out our Demo to see all our features in action. We’ve got three levels of membership starting at $10 per month with NO HIDDEN FEES. That includes review monitoring AND the Social Media Suite.
If you have questions on the dash, email Maura@socialdraft.com or check out our support area, we’ve got tons of answers there for you.