Facebook Places Directory
In 2014, Facebook launched its Facebook Places Directory. It’s basically a play on local to compete with Google, Yelp, and TripAdvisor (as well as to keep people on site and grab some more local ad dollars). If you are a local business, it makes sense now more than ever to make sure that your local business page is constantly updated. Let us look at the new Facebook local business directory and how it can affect your business.
Facebook Places Directory
It’s pretty easy to navigate. On top, you have a search bar that prompts you to search, but the site automatically defaults to your location. Below the search bar, there are local places near you that have been reviewed or visited by your local graph.
City Pages on the Facebook Places Directory
Once you click through to a city, Facebook shows you profiles of friends who have been there and the places they have been to. You can also click to see more places that are visited by friends in that city.
Facebook Places Recommendations – Where to Go
Facebook also includes recommendations on places to visit in that city which includes:
When you click to a “place” you are taken to one of their Facebook posts. From here you’d need to click through to the actual business page.
***This is one of the main reasons you want to make certain that your business page is updated constantly.
There is also a section that lists upcoming Facebook events.
Overall, this is a great tool for local businesses. As mentioned before, this is just another reason those who market their local business on Facebook need to keep their pages updated.
Facebook Local Business Page Management Tool
If you are looking for a tool to help you manage your local business’ Facebook page, look no further. Socialdraft is an all-in-one social media tool with a robust Facebook integration. With Socialdraft, you can:
- Schedule to multiple Facebook business pages
- Schedule to Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn Business pages.
- Schedule posts in bulk w/ a CSV (great for holidays, specials and sharing good reviews)
- Schedule recurring Facebook posts (fantastic for specials and recurring promotions)
- Download your content calendar as PDF (if you want to discuss with your team)
- Allow others to schedule content, but with different constraints and permissions
- Assign tasks to team members
- Engage your community on the feed
- Schedule reposts from Instagram to all your connected networks
- And pull reports to see how you’re progressing
Socialdraft is a fantastic tool for local businesses. You can take us for a risk-free trial or…if you’re not quite ready yet, open up a chat and ask us any questions you have. Go ahead, don’t be shy.