Quick and Easy Tips for You to Get More Instagram Followers
I love Instagram for business. In fact, I use it to get leads and to get people to sign up for Socialdraft. What I love about Instagram is that it gives you direct access to your potential customers, and…if you do things right…that you can be seen by potential customers. If you’re new to Instagram and only have a few followers, or if you’ve been stagnant…don’t worry. We’ll show you some tips on getting more Instagram followers and how to encourage them to leave Likes and Comments.
Instagram Tips To Land More Followers
1) As with other platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, leaving Comments and “Likes” on photos from other Instagram accounts is one of the simplest ways to get followers of your own.
2) Use hashtags in your image captions. This groups the photo with other photos of similar themes. Use up the maximum amount of hashtags. This is how a budding account will be found, so don’t be shy. Especially if you’re just starting out.
3) Only post gorgeous images. It helps if you take a good picture in the first place. If your picture came out badly, click the LUX button to enhance your images (the one that looks like a sun). This is especially useful with underexposed pictures. The feature is best on landscapes, but it is worth trying on other sorts of images as well. It’s also worth noting that lighter photos get more “Likes” than darker photos, as do images with faces. You can also watch the video above for a more in-depth tutorial on how to edit your images.
4) Yes, people do check profiles, so make sure your bio is up-to-date. Plus, bio sections are the perfect place to leave a link back to your webpage or blog. Make sure to include keywords, your website link, and a clear call to action.
5) Update! Update! Update! Post often. Minimum once a day, maximum 3 times a day (some can have success with more – but it takes a lot of energy) And this applies to all of your social media accounts. The fresher and more frequently you post new material, the higher your engagement rate will be. When you update frequently, it’s like leaving on an inviting night light. You can easily do this with the Socialdraft calendar. It lets you schedule to multiple Instagram accounts AND assign different people to manage them.
6) Engage with your followers on a regular basis by liking photos, and making astute and/or lighthearted comments. People love it when you shine a light on their posts, which they often take great care in creating. You can also spend some valuable time finding hopeful new prospects to follow.
7) Use Socialdraft’s Instagram photo search. Let our Instagram photo search help you find the people who are talking about your brand so you can engage them, amplify their content, and build brand advocates. You can also monitor your competition and their fans to try and convert them.
And although this does not apply directly to Instagram now, Socialdraft’s “Drag & Drop” calendar makes it easy for you to schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn with just a few simple clicks, making re-scheduling and editing a breeze.
8) Remember to share your Instagram account with your email subscribers, as well as on your other social media accounts and profiles.
9) By following your Facebook friends on Instagram, you’re sure to earn a few quick and easy return followers.
10) Hold an Instagram contest. Contests require a lot of planning so be sure to do some specific research on Instagram contests. For example, the prize you will be offering may be the deciding element in attracting participants and should dovetail with your strategy for marketing your unique brand.
11) Never miss content from leads. Turn on notifications for any leads you are trying to close a sale on. This way you always remember to engage them.
Simply go to their profile, click the three dots, click on “Turn on Post Notifications”
12) Check on the activity of those you follow. To see what the people you follow are up to, click on the heart on the bottom of the screen, then toggle to “Following”
13) Save Posts for later. Saw something interesting but don’t have the time to check it out. Save it to your PRIVATE collections! Tap the ribbon and then select the collection.
14) Hide Your Story From Particular People. Go to the person’s profile, tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner and click “Hide my Story”.
15) Find People in Your Area. This is fantastic for local businesses. Simply click on the search icon, type in the name of the city or place you are looking to explore and then click “Places” on the top right-hand corner. This will pull your place. Click on the location icon and explore away.
16) See the People Who Viewed Your Story. It’s easy and a great way to see the people who are truly invested in your brand. Click on your story icon. Click on the user icons on the bottom where it says “Seen by +number”. You will go into analytics. Click on the eye icon followed by a number. That’s it!
17) Clear Your Search History. This is where we get a bit naughty. Lost a client and don’t want them to figure out your strategy? Clear the search history. Simply clear the gear icon and then click “Clear Search History” all the way at the bottom of the post.
How to Manage Your Instagram Account
Now that you have all these tips, you will need a great tool to help you manage your Instagram accounts. Socialdraft is that tool and more.
Socialdraft is an all-in-one Social Media Dashboard. It is the most robust and simple tool for agencies and teams to effectively handle social media. With Socialdraft you can:
Schedule posts to Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Business Pages and Pinterest Boards
Schedule posts individually, as recurring posts, or bulk upload them as CSV
Easily re-schedule with a drag & drop action
Schedule GIFs to Facebook and Twitter
Download content calendars as PDF
Keep an eye on your online reputation and easily share the good news to social
Find content on Instagram and easily schedule reposts not just to Instagram but to all other social networks
Engage on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
Download Facebook and Twitter reports & tons more.