How to Get Customers From Pinterest
Pinterest has the potential to completely transform your business, pushing hundreds of thousands or even millions of visitors to your website, to your sales page, and to your online store each and every month for next to nothing – so long as you know a couple of tips and tricks about how to get customers from Pinterest in the first place.
Remember this – close to 100,000,000+ people log into Pinterest each and every single day. Each and every single day. On top of this, 60% of them are located in the United States, and the other 40% use English almost exclusively as their main language of communication on the platform.
Combine that with the fact that close to 70% of all users on Pinterest have either purchased something directly from the platform or because of something that they saw on Pinterest, and you are talking about a digital gold mine.
Ignoring all of the leverage that Pinterest offers would be a major mistake.
Here are a couple of tips and tricks to help you figure out exactly how to get sales from Pinterest without any real extra effort whatsoever.
Seven ways to get customers from Pinterest
There are lots of different things you can do to figure out how to get customers from the interest, but there are roughly 7 different things you can do to dramatically improve your results and give you a significant boost as far as your conversion rates are concerned.
We are going to break down those seven details in this quick guide below.
Significantly better than traditional pins that you can upload to Pinterest, rich pins and rich content is going to include a lot of extra information about the subject matter right inside that. You’ll be using this “container” to include all kinds of sales and marketing pieces and material that traditional pins never would have allowed you to.
Be smart about the content that you pin
Quality is always going to be the biggest determining factor in whether or not you’re able to convert your visitors to customers on Pinterest, and you have to make sure that you never get lazy.
Always post the highest quality content you can, really try to share unique and new pieces that no one else has access to, and always look for ways to rise above the crowded space that is Pinterest in the first place. If you’re not the strongest when it comes to design, this article we put together will help.
Also keep in mind that tall images do better on Pinterest, and that images without faces do best.
Really sell the lifestyle
In business, there is a real temptation to want to aggressively market or advertise the utility or the functionality of the product or service that you are selling.
This is a major mistake.
It is especially deadly on Pinterest, a website that is very much “lifestyle marketing”. You want to sell the intangible, the experience, and the lifestyle that your products or services offered. This is smart and savvy marketing, advanced marketing plan the best way to learn how to get customers from Pinterest.
This means you should stick to the 80/20 rule – keep at 20% promotional. This tactic will keep your audience coming back and clicking through on your pins. This equals conversions.
Ride the wave
You would have to be at least a little bit crazy to try and buck any of the trends that are happening on Pinterest at any one particular point in time.
Instead, you’re going to want to figure out what’s popular right now and jump on board, riding that wave of popularity to incredible success.
You may have some trepidation about becoming a “copycat”, but as long as you are posting quality information, quality posts, and looking for new and creative ways to attract visitors, you have nothing to worry about – and will be certain to be giving your market everything that they are looking for in the first place.
Run contests on Pinterest
There isn’t a single person on the planet that doesn’t love the idea of a contest, and it’s one of the best ways to get your hands on a red-hot mailing list of excited and eager prospects that are looking for the kinds of things that you have available for sale.
Make sure that you were smart and savvy about the contest (and that you have something premium to offer), and you will be able to make a tremendous amount of money on the back end by learning how to get customers from Pinterest with all of your contests.
Find Customers Who Interact With You On Other Platforms
You can use Socialdraft SmartID to find influential people who have already engaged your audience. Since they are already engaged with your brand, they have a higher chance to convert. SmartID even tells you why they are influential AND will give you their Pinterest profile. So don’t wait for customers to go to you, go to them, like and re-pin their pins. This will put you in front of them instead of your competition.