Pinterest Tips for Business Users
Even though Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are considered the “Big Three” when it comes to social media platforms, Pinterest has proven time and time again that it cannot – and must not – be ignored if you’re serious about competing online.
The web has completely transformed the way that people build their businesses, and the social media in particular provides you with unique marketing opportunities that you never would have had the chance to take advantage of previously.
At the same time, you need to know exactly what you’re doing to build your business with this technology – and you need to leverage smart and savvy Pinterest tips for brands and businesses that can help you grow.
That’s where we come into play!
Why take advantage of Pinterest?
Pinterest Analytics: Pinterest offers its own analytics so you can track how many people have pinned from your website, as well as how many people have viewed your pins. You can also determine what’s trending on Pinterest by reviewing the repin list.
Great Place to Share Infographics: Infographics boost engagement and attracts Pinterest followers. Among all your pins and repins, some original content–especially educational content–will give you an extra edge. Because Pinterest is image-based, Pinterest is perfect place for infograhics.
Pinterest Has Business Accounts: You can set up a Pinterest business page to sell your products on Pinterest.
People Can Pin From Your Website or Blog: You can use Pinterest as another platform to market your product or service with pin worthy images. This really helps you to get into a visual frame of mind, and will contribute to your marketing skills via the power and allure of images.
You Can Create Business Boards: You can create boards that represent your business.
You Can Add a Pin It Button to your Browser: You can add a button to Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer, which simplifies the pinning a seamless process.
Pinterest Helps Optimize your SEO: Pinterest contributes to strengthening your SEO. Make sure you include a link back to your website or blog to drive traffic.
Leverage everything that Pinterest has to offer to build your business and your brand
As we mentioned above, you are going to be able to tap into an amazing source of traffic when you market on this platform. We are talking about gaining the ability to spread your brand, your marketing messages, and your advertising to more than 100 million people – many of them hungry for the kinds of products and services that you provide.
You’re also going to benefit from tons of web traffic. Did you know Pinterest was #2 two source of all social media traffic to Shopify stores in 2015?
The multimedia capabilities and visual nature of this platform is going to really open up your marketing opportunities as well. You just have to be smart about how you go about using this platform to get the highest return on investment from it.
Consistency is everything when you want to succeed on social media
Consistency is the key when you are looking to succeed on social media, and that is the first of the Pinterest tips and tricks for business that we wish to share with you.
For starters, you need to create a Pinterest “board” that is consistent with the rest of your brand, the rest of your marketing and advertising pieces, and the rest of your sales efforts. People should be able to visit your board and know immediately that it belongs to you and your business – there should be no confusion, there should be no mistaking this, and there should be no “hiccups” that might otherwise derail this consistency.
On top of that, you need to make sure that you are regularly and consistently posting to Pinterest based off of a repeatable schedule. People should be able to know exactly when you are going to release new content, and they should be able to set their watches to this schedule and count on you religiously.
This is the only way that you’re going to be able to rise above the “shotgun marketers” that prey and spray when it comes to advertising on this platform.
Give your market EXACTLY what they want
Another of the Pinterest tips for brands that we want to share with you in this quick guide is the value in giving your market EXACTLY what they want.
Not only is Pinterest a fantastic tool for disseminating in sharing your content, but also gives you x-ray vision when it’s time to analyze your market, your prospects, and what they are interested in. Simply follow some of the people in your target market, pay attention to the content that they are adding to their own Pinterest account, and you will have more targeted marketing information than you ever would have had previously.
There is real power in taking advantage of these Pinterest tips and tricks for business. Use them wisely and your results will skyrocket.
Pinterest Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Pins
- Color: Pins that have more than one dominant colors get repinned more. How much more? At least 2 times more. That’s pretty significant. So go ahead and test this out.
- Use Optimized Sizes: Real estate is key on Pinterest. A tiny pin is just not going to get noticed on Pinterest. Make your images BIG, HUGE!!! Start off with an image that is at least 736 pixels wide. Also, make your image tall. Vertical images get repinned aignificantly more than horizontal images.
- Keep things “Objective”: Studies also show that images of people) get reppined 23% less than those of objects. This means Pinterest is a perfect platform for you to feature products, not selfies..
- Include a Call to Action: Ask and you shall receive. This is especially true on Pinterest. Include a call-to-action (example – click for more info) in your pin description. This should result in an 80% increase in engagement.
- Check your Pin Links: As seen in the video above, edit the links to your pins, it’s super easy, takes just a few seconds, and this way you can decide exactly where your Pinterest pins will go.
Schedule Consistently for Best Results
One of the keys to social media success is to be active. The moment you stop posting, your community will forget about you. So take advantage of a tool like Socialdraft that allows you to schedule pins to your Pinterest boards. This way you can do all that work at once and make sure that you are a constant presence in your audience’s eyes.
Rich Pins and How To Use Them
One of the latest additions to Pinterest is the introduction of Rich Pins which include more information about pinned images and the integration of the Pin It button with mobile apps. Rich Pins are Pins that include extra information on the Pin itself.
6 Types of Pinterest Rich Pins
There are 6 types of rich pins: app, movie, recipe, article, product and place. From your feed, you can tell when a pin has more information by the icon that appears below the picture. Pinterest will also update all of your old pins so they’re more useful.
1) Product Pins are for things like clothes and furniture with pricing, availability, and where to buy (updated every day!) Product Pins include real time pricing, availability and where to buy. Pinners also get notifications when product Pins they’ve added drop in price.
2) Recipe Pins include ingredients, cooking times and serving info to get Pinterest cooks excited to hit the kitchen.
3) Movie Pins include ratings, cast members and reviews to help Pinners learn about new flicks.
4) Article Pins include headline, author and story description, helping Pinners find and save stories that matter to them.
5) Place Pins include a map, address, and phone number.
6) App Pins include an install button, so Pinners can download your app without ever leaving Pinterest. (For now, App Pins are compatible with iOS apps only.)
The benefit of Rich Product Pins is that they show current pricing details and have a direct link to the product page. With regular pins, the user must enter the price and the link only appears when someone hovers over the image. Rich Pins also automatically update with your website, and make shopping or finding information on Pinterest much easier.
How to Apply for Rich Pins:
1) Decide what kind of Rich Pin ( product, recipe, movie, article or place ) you want to apply for your website.
2) Learn more about the required meta tags for each type of Rich Pin you want for your website.
3) Add the appropriate Rich Pin meta tags to product, recipe, article, movie, or place pages on your site.
4) Apply for Rich Pins with a single URL that contains the correct meta tags in the Rich Pin validator.
5) Someone from our team will contact you over email with the status of your Rich Pin application. The review process may take a few weeks.
6) Once your site is enabled for Rich Pins, all Pins that link back to pages with the correct meta tags will start appearing as Rich Pins.
Learn How to Add Tags For: