7 Tips on Choosing the Right Words and Phrases for Your Blog
The words you choose matter. And that doesn’t simply apply to your special someone. If you’re trying to make sales through an online platform, you will realize that using certain words will lead to more conversions compared to others. The words you choose to nudge your prospects towards making a purchase matter if you want to make the most of your online efforts.
Wondering how to choose words that help conversion? Find out with these simple tips on choosing the right words for your blog.
How to Increase Conversions with Words
1. Be Obvious – Internet users want their information fast and that includes the time they spend reading through the content you publish. The same goes for buttons that depict images compared to those that contain words. If you want to increase your conversions, opt to be more obvious by replacing image buttons to word buttons for a better call to action. One company actually increased their sales by almost 50 percent when they changed a button that showed a picture of a shopping cart to one that spelled out the words “Add to Cart.”
2. Free Still Works – By advertising freebies on your website, people are more likely to make a purchase. It doesn’t matter if your freebie is a discounted shipping price or a small token to go with a certain purchase – as long as it’s free, people will be more inclined to buy. Ensure that you advertise your free items or promotions in big, easy to read, easy to see text to better persuade your prospects. Pamiętaj, you need to provide value to your audience, even when you’re trying to sell to them.
In a book on the subject written by Dan Ariely, Dan explains that the word ‘free’ actually sets off an emotional reaction that manifests in changed behavioral patterns. In one example, people who were offered a choice in buying Lindt truffles at 15 cents per piece or an inferior offering of Hershey’s Kisses at 1 cent per piece, the majority chose the Lindt truffles. But When the price of the Lindt truffles was reduced to 14 cents and the Hershey kisses were offered for free, 69% of people chose the Hershey’s Kisses.
3. Make a Promise – People appreciate optimism. To mówi, when you offer them your products or services, you should make a promise that guarantees some sort of positive outcome for your consumers’ decision to avail of what you’re offering. Something that ensures that they won’t end up wasting their time or money will greatly affect the conversions you make, so don’t forget to make those promises. Just remember to keep them within reasonable bounds. When a software company wanted to increase the sale of online courses, they changed the headline from “How to Make Your First Dollar” to “How to Make a $1,000 a Month Business.”
4. Offer Speed – Many consumers will feel apprehensive to avail of a product or service if they feel your words will require them to take some time going through a process before they get their hands on what you’re offering. Instead of using words like “request”, “try”, or “apply”, opt for words that omit the idea of a long process like “watch now”, “listen now”, or “read now.” The company GoCardless increased their conversions by 139% simply by changing the words “Request a demo” to “Watch a demo.”
5. Keep it Interesting – Some business owners have found that simply giving information as is doesn’t actually work as well as providing a humorous and interesting story regarding your products or services. Pamiętaj, people like narratives and humor – make sure to incorporate that into your important information.
6. Add Urgency – By formulating words and phrases that focus on a sense of urgency you can compel potential customers to make purchases based on impulse buying. This approach can have a dramatic effect on increased sales.
7. Call-to-action – Direct and straightforward words can significantly increase an immediate action from people. When a company who sold sweat pads changed their slogan from “Feel fresh without sweat marks” to the more direct “Put an end to sweat marks!”, the result was an over 90 procent increase in items added to purchase cart.
How to Manage your Social Media Accounts
Socialdraft is an all-in-one Dashboard that helps you manage multiple Social Media Acccounts. It is the most robust and simple tool for agencies and teams to effectively handle social media. With Socialdraft you can:
Schedule posts to Facebook pages, Świergot, Instagram, LinkedIn Business Pages (and one LinkedIn account) and Pinterest Boards
Schedule posts individually, as recurring posts, or bulk upload them as CSV
Easily re-schedule with a drag & drop action
Harmonogram Gify z Facebook i Twitter
Download content calendars as PDF
Find content on Instagram and easily schedule reposts not just to Instagram but to all other social networks
Engage on Twitter, Facebook, i LinkedIn
Download Facebook and Twitter reports
and tons more…
If you are curious about Socialdraft, take it for a risk-free trial. You’ll get to try out all the features and decide if Socialdraft is right for you.