How To Increase Organic Reach With Facebook Groups
Since organic reach on Facebook has declined to ridiculously low levels, many businesses have abandoned any serious attempt at marketing on the platform. But Facebook still has hundreds of millions of users, and last year Facebook reported having over 1 billion active users in a single day. Considering this, it may be worth getting more involved in Facebook, but from a slightly different angle.
With Facebook Groups you can connect with special sets or groups of people where you can share updates, photos or documents and message other group members. Of particular interest here is that Facebook pages and personal posts rely on the Newsfeed algorithm for exposure, but traffic is driven to Facebook Groups because users are sent a notification whenever someone posts to the Group.
Another notable difference between Facebook pages and Facebook Groups is time. With Facebook Groups, content is supplied and sustained by group members, but there is a huge amount of time and effort involved in creating content for Facebook pages.
The success of a newly formed Group is contingent on spam-free subject matter that is going to benefit and enrich its members. So for example, if your brand is food related, create a Group with a focus on food preparation, various recipes, and health or nutritional advice. Your Group can also offer solutions for problems related to your brand.
The idea is maintain engagement within the Group and avoid directing focus away from the group with outside links. And you should discourage new Group members from posting promotional links to keep the Group spam-free. Create clear rules and when someone violates them, make it clear why you deleted their post. This will keep your group in check.
Promote Your Facebook Group
There are various ways to promote your Facebook Group:
- add a link to your Facebook Group on your website or blog.
- Use guest posts to promote your Group
- Cross-promotion with other Groups by reaching out to other Group admins for collaboration.
- Take advantage of Facebook Ads by creating a post on your Facebook Page with a link to your Group. Create a new Ad, Wybierz “Boost your posts” and select the post with a link to your Facebook Group.
- Cross-promote on other social media channels
How do I create a Facebook group?
To create a group:
1. From your home page, go to the Groups section on the left side menu and click Create Group.
2. Click + Create New Group at the top of the page. A window will appear, where you’ll be able to add a group name, add members and select the privacy settings for your group.
3. Click Create when you’re done.
Once the group is created, you’ll be taken to the group. Rozpocząć, click at the top right of the group and select Edit Group Settings. From here you can add a group description, Tagi, set a group email address and add a group picture.
Approving Who Joins Your Group
If you’re a group admin, you can choose to approve who joins your group.
To turn on membership approval:
1. Click … in the top-right corner of your group and select Edit Group Settings.
2. Next to Membership Approval, select Any member can add members, but an admin must approve them.
3. Click Save at the bottom.
To remove or block a member:
1. Click Members at the top of your group
2. Find the member you want to remove
3. Click * next to the member’s name and select Remove from Group
4. Click to check the box next to Block Permanently to block a member you’re removing
5. Click Confirm
Notatka: Only admins will see * appear next to group members’ names. Keep in mind only admins can remove or block group members.
Removed members will have to request to join the group again if they wish to rejoin. Blocked members won’t be able to find the group in search or see any of its content, and they can’t be added to the group again by members.
To remove a block you’ve put on someone:
1. Click Members at the top of your group
2. Click Blocked at the top
3. Click Remove Block next to the person’s name
Where to place your Website Link on Your Facebook Groups
There are multiple places you can place your link to encourage click through to your website. These are a few places to start:
- Description Area: Include a link to your website in the description.
- Pinned Post: Use a pinned post to welcome new members. Make sure to include your link there
- Posty: While you don’t want all your posts to be promotional, make sure that from time to time you post content that links back to your website