Must Know SEO Tips for 2016
Search engine optimization has hit it big in the past few years because of the growing need for businesses to achieve a better presence on search results. According to recent studies, individuals usually start their consumer process with a basic internet search and 90% of those people don’t make it past the first page (or the first three results). Obviously, it’s vital for your business website to become one of the few websites that make it to the first page of search engine results if they want a chance at making a sale. If it was only that easy…Maybe it’s not that easy, but there are things you can do to give yourself an edge. Before you can construct an effective SEO plan, you should strive to understand SEO trends. This will help you come up with a solid strategy that will give you more than just satisfying results.
You ready for some SEO tips to help you get more traffic? Read through for more information.
SEO Tips for Small Business
1. Mobile Optimized Websites are Not Just Important, they are a MUST – Because a large majority of the users on the internet access online resources from their mobile devices, business owners should see to it that they optimize their websites for mobile use. A site that doesn’t properly operate on a handheld device places itself at risk of being avoided by users because of the inconvenience it causes. Make sure your website is fit to be used on mobile platforms to better serve those who find you through handheld gadgets. This means that when you talk to your web developer you must ask for a responsive website.
2. Earn a Knowledge Graph - You might notice that when you search for certain keywords on Google, you’re likely to be given more than just relevant websites. Oftentimes, Google will give you what they call a Knowledge Graph which is an enriched search engine result that contains close to every detail related to the keyword. To earn a Knowledge Graph, you should have a Wikipedia page, a Google+ page, several links to relevant and related websites, and you should use nouns throughout your content for easier identification by Google.
3. Stay in the Game – The older a website, the more it is recognized as an authority in its niche. The last thing you would want is to keep migrating your information to different websites and abandoning older ones as the years go by. Stay in the game and maintain your website for as long as you can – the more years you have under your name, the more likely you are to be seen as a trustworthy website.
4. Stick to Your Niche – When you publish content, it’s important that you stick to your niche – that is, you should create website content that is relevant to your theme and your industry. If for example, you sell products or services in the realm of gadgets, you should refrain from posting content that doesn’t directly talk about electronics and devices. A vast list of different keywords will make it harder for Google to identify you as an authority in your niche, compared to having just a few industry-related keywords appearing throughout your site.
5. Optimize Your Website Speed – If your site does not load within 2 seconds, 40% of the people on it will bounce (that means they will click back to search results and move onto the next website). Google and other search engines count bounce rate towards your ranking, so if people are bouncing because of your site speed, then you need to work on getting your site to load much faster. Google has some great resources to help you learn how to make your site faster. A few things you can begin to look into are:
6. Stay Active on Social Media – There are so many advantages to being active in Social Media. Pierwszy, Google has begun to index some social networks. This means that each time a link to your site has been shared say on Twitter, you have a chance of helping Google find this content. Sharing on social media also makes your site visible to others who may link to it and share it to social. As you can imagine, this is not a quick solution, but one of those slow and steady wins the game type of things. So make sure you’re active on social.
How to Manage your Social Media Accounts
Socialdraft is an all-in-one Dashboard that helps you manage multiple Social Media Acccounts. It is the most robust and simple tool for agencies and teams to effectively handle social media. With Socialdraft you can:
Schedule posts to Facebook pages, Świergot, Instagram, LinkedIn Business Pages (and one LinkedIn account) and Pinterest Boards
Schedule posts individually, as recurring posts, or bulk upload them as CSV
Easily re-schedule with a drag & drop action
Harmonogram Gify z Facebook i Twitter
Download content calendars as PDF
Keep an eye on your online reputation and easily share the good news to social
Find content on Instagram and easily schedule reposts not just to Instagram but to all other social networks
Engage on Twitter, Facebook, i LinkedIn
Download Facebook and Twitter reports
and tons more…
If you are curious about Socialdraft, take it for a risk-free trial. You’ll get to try out all the features and decide if Socialdraft is right for you.