Google’s New App Lets You Access All Business Services From One Location
Now when small businesses sign up for a Google Business Account, Google provides a consolidated suite of tools for business owners. With the “Google My Business” app you can connect with customers on Google+, Google Search and Google Maps, and also update all information across Google’s services from one central location so that customers can find you, no matter what device they’re using.
Moreover, you can share news and pictures to Google+ from the one app. Those in the Google Places for Business and the Google+ Dashboard will be automatically upgraded. Google’s My Business is another way for companies to build a loyal fan base, and customers can express their appreciation with ratings and reviews, use the +1 button to endorse content, and re-share Google+ posts across the web.
Barry Schwartz does a good job explaining the break down on what businesses can do with the suite of tools:
* Update your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ from one place to make it easy for customers to get in touch
* Add beautiful photos of your business and a virtual tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business unique
* Connect directly with your fans and customers by sharing news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page
* Stay on top of reviews from across the web, and respond to Google reviews
* Understand how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express. Insights allows businesses to see how many times they were on Google, views and interactions, and subscriber numbers to their Google+ page.
* Manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app (launching soon)
By combining custom insights and integrations with AdWords Express, business owners will have a more comprehensive understanding about how people find their business on Google, and where they originated from when clicking on directions. The insights provides businesses additional information about their Google+ audience and content, such as visibility, engagement metrics, and demographic data.
According to Jade Wang, Community Manager for Google Places, all businesses can benefit from signing up for a My Business account, but especially local businesses. “Companies with a physical storefront or small-to-midsized businesses that rely heavily on search and location accuracy often notice tangible benefits from having their business found on Google, and signing up to Google My Business is one way to help local businesses be found on Google,” said Jade.
Jade adds that local businesses such as a plumber or a cleaning service that may not have a physical storefront can benefit from being found on the map. “We will be rolling out the Google My Business dashboard to existing users of the new Places dashboard and the Google+ pages dashboard. We are continuing to migrate users from the old Places dashboard to the new experience.”
With Google My Business, Jade claims you can:
* Maintain up-to-date business information on Google
* Build loyal customers using a Google+ page.
* Track engagement with insights for Google+ pages and posts
* See information on your related Google Analytics account and YouTube channels
* Seamlessly create and track performance of AdWords Express campaigns
Businesses with a physical location can also:
* Help get your business found on Google. Google can use the business information you provide in local search results.
* Read and respond to reviews from your customers.
* Get insights on how customers searched for your business, and where they’re coming from.
You can access Google My Business by going to http://google.com/mybusiness or by signing into Google+ and managing or adding a page by clicking on Pages on the ribbon on the left. You’ll also be able to download the Google My Business Android app, or soon, the iOS app.
Are small businesses required to sign up for a Google+ account?
Jade says their focus is on providing a useful experience to businesses and to empower them to better manage their own information. Businesses that sign up for Google My Business are provided with a Google+ page, but there is always the option to engage with whichever part of the dashboard they choose.
What about chains or bulk upload users?
The Places Bulk Upload Tool is now Google My Business Locations. Through the new tool, businesses can manage information for ten or more locations. Google is working hard to launch new functionalities in the future, including increased upload speed and social integration.
How will current businesses on Google be affected?
Google My Business will act as the primary destination for local businesses previously on Google+ for Business and Pages for Business. Google considered feedback and discovered that it would be more useful to consolidate those experiences, and create one place with all of their tools for local businesses.
Connect face-to-face with Hangouts
Google’s Face-to-face video chat lets you connect with your customers, whether they’re nearby or miles away. “From announcing a customer appreciation event to showing off your latest product, it’s easy to reach out and talk with customers around the world.”
How to Manage & Grow Your Social Media Accounts
Socialdraft is your all-in-one tool for Social Media management. Socialdraft allows you to:
- Schedule posts to multiple Social media accounts
- Have multiple people create and post content
- Pull Reports
- i wiele więcej